Race : Hylian
Homeland : Hyrule
Weapon Specialization : Sword and Shield
Posts : 107
Age : 21
Join date : 2009-07-26
Inventory (Character 1):
|Inventory (Character 1)||Items|
|Bottle Contents||1: Empty|
|Weapons and Gear||Basic Sword and Basic Wooden Shield|
|Pouch Items||Bottle #1|
Inventory (Character 2):
|Inventory (Character 2)||Items|
|Weapons and Gear|
Inventory (Character 3):
|Inventory (Character 3)||Items|
|Weapons and Gear|
|Subject: The Official Rules of the Forum Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:59 pm|| |
Official Rules of the Site
ANYONE, Admin or otherwise, who is caught in DIRECT VIOLATION of these rules will be subject to punishment. Your punishment WILL match your crime, so please DO NOT break any rules.
Any person or persons who violate the rules directly will be innocent until proven guilty until proven otherwise. Judgement will not and shall not be passed upon any member, or members of this site until they have appealed their case to the Admins fairly and with equal time. The final decision of punishment is up the Admins, but everyone is allowed to defend themselves and speak for what they’ve done.
If you are NOT given this right, PM or Email me or any of the Admins **(List provided below)**
By signing up for this site and by reading these rules, you have given us your consent that you understand the rules of this site and will abide by them, and that your punishment for breaking these rules are at the discretion at the Admins after all sides have been heard and all of the evidence and stories have been considered and discussed properly by all Admins.
All decisions on punishment are final, but may or may not be changed (i.e. shortened or lightened sentences OR worsened or lengthened sentences) depending on the actions (good or bad) of any said person who has been sentenced.
These rules listed below may ALSO be subject to change at the discretion of the Admins and necessity but notifications will be given aptly before any permanent changes are made.
Also, anyone caught with a minor offence will not face punishment and will be let off with a warning (depending on the severity of the crime and the amount of evidence against them. All of this is considered and at the discretion of the Admin.) An accumulation of 3 warnings will result in punishment matching your crime.
Also please keep in mind that not all offences accumulate warnings, and some lead right to punishment depending on severity of the offence.
OOC (Out of Character) Rules
These rules apply to any place on this forum where you are OOC or Out of Character. Places where this applies specifically are: Chatboxes (Site based and Chatango), PMs, and Non-Roleplaying Sections of the Forum.
1. No member or members, AT ANY TIME, should be found posting sexual OR harmful OR shameful OR hurtful OR offensive OR spam-related content, pictures, videos, links or otherwise. Any one found in possession of these will be punished. Posting these is banned throughout the forum and includes areas such as the following:
2. No member or members at ANY TIME will advertise any other external forum on the chatbox or forum posts EXCEPT for the General Chat section or UNLESS those sites are exclusive Loremaster's Affiliates. All other advertisements may ONLY be posted in the General Chat section and there ONLY, and ONLY AFTER a member has accumulated 50 or more posts. Anyone who is caught advertising on the chat box or any other forums other than the General Chat will face loss of privileges. Furthermore, anyone who is caught advertising in the Gerenal Chat forum BEFORE they have reached 50 or more posts will have their advertisement deleted and will be given a warning by an Admin.
3. No member or members at ANY TIME will participate in or start ANY fights or flame wars within the forums OR the chat box. The occasional disagreement and argument is acceptable, but a full out war IS NOT. Those found in violation of this rule will face loss of privileges or otherwise.
4. No member or members at ANY TIME will threaten another member or Admin of this forum with bodily harm or harm to their belongings or anything else. Anyone who threatens to physically injure ANY member of this forum will face punishments severely. We do not accept violence or extortion on this site, and those who DO NOT abide by these rules WILL BE PUNISHED.
5. No member or members at ANY TIME will threaten to hack or actually hack a member of this site or this forum. ANYONE who is caught threatening to hack this forum or a member of this site or caught in the act WILL BE SEVERELY PUNISHED. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy to hacking on this site anyone who threatens to hack or hacks will receive a long loss of ALL privileges OR PERMANENT BAN from this site. DO NOT HACK.
6. No member or members at ANY TIME shall threaten verbally or physically, a member of the staff of this site. If any member is caught insulting over judgement they've passed or for no real reason at all, you will be punished. The staff are here to help you, and run the site, not to be take insults from members. Anyone caught in violation of this rule will face instant banning.
7. No member or members at ANY TIME will bully another member. Bullying includes threatening of bodily harm, mentally abusing both through the act of threatening or by doing, performing slanderous acts against another person, etc. Anyone caught in violation of this rule may face temporary banning or worse.
8. No member or members will spam the forum, chat box, PM inbox or any other part of this forum with ANYTHING at ANYTIME. Doing so will result in instant banning and/or loss of privileges for a permanent or temporary amount of time.
9. No member or member at ANYTIME should have possession of two or more accounts. Multiple accounts are illegal, and are not accepted. If you have NO REASON to make another account, DO NOT make it. DO NOT make them for fun, DO NOT make them for more characters, and DO NOT make them to get past a banning. You will be banned for life if you do.
10. No member or members at ANYTIME should slander or slam another person behind their back. This is considered deformation of character, and is a felony under the court of law. You can be sued for this by whoever you do this to, and you WILL be banned from chat or even the site if you do this. DO NOT deform another person's character behind their back. If you have a problem with them, say it to their face, and politely.
11. No member or members at ANYTIME will impersonate any other member of the site or a member of the staff. Anyone who pretends to be another user or staff member will be permanently banned. NO EXCEPTIONS.
12. Pictures should not be posted in the chat box unless they are chat box smilies. Certain pictures, if asked for and allowed by a moderator or admin, that are posted in the chat box MUST be placed in spoilers. Links, however, are acceptable.
13. No member or member at ANY TIME will harass another member of this site on chat, on PM or in a post. It is illegal in the real world, and it is illegal here to. Harassment will be punishable by banning, no exceptions. No means no.
14. No debates. That means in the matters of religion, politics, or any other matters of the type. This is not a site where you debate on current issues or who is right and wrong. This is a site where you roleplay and have fun. We all have different opinions and that's what makes us unique and different, and trust us, you will not sway other people by posting something in a chatbox. It just causes problems for the admins/mods and makes everyone angry if not handled properly. If a debate gets out of hand then said members will be spoken with and judgement will be decided by the admins present.
15. Regular members shall not tell a Staff member what course of action they should take. It is a staff's job to deal with the situation, not yours, your opinion is fine but none of this:
Staff: I think this person should be banned.
Member: I think you should perma-ban him instead.
DO NOT tell administrators or admins what to do in these sorts of situations unless they ask for your opinion. Anything to that sort will be punished. Staff members do not appreciate being told what to do as if we cannot do our own jobs.
In Character Rules
1. No member or members at any time will Godmod while Roleplaying. The act of Godmodding is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries and when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try. Examples of Godmodding are, but are not limited to:
-Killing or injuring a character without the player's express permission.
-When they simply can’t be hit and dodge all attacks or anything for this matter aimed at them.
-It can also be using other characters that other people RP with. In other words, if you do not RP as Legolas, then you cannot have Legolas say anything, or do anything, without the player's expressed permission.
The worst form of God Modding is when they make out another character to be what they’re not, just to make their own character seem superior. They make others seem weak, screaming for help, when they’ve made it quite clear about their advantages and strengths. This is called power-play. It’s a strain of God-Modding, but instead of just being irritating, it’s offensive to boot.
This is a prime example of God Modding:
Player A: Punches Player B
Player B: Dodges attack, grabs Player A and throws him. Player A flies at Player B, who warps behind him and slashes Player A in the back.
As a result, anyone who is caught in violation of this God Modding or Power-playing rule will face temporary or permanent banning and/or (but not limited to) loss of privileges.
2. No member at any time will be caught twinking. Twinking is an offense to other Roleplayers. Twinking is defined below:
Definition: Twinking is defined as when one character forces an action on another character without their explicit permission. This can be thoughts, emotions, or even physical attacks/responses.
Explanation: This means, for example, that you CANNOT simply punch a person… you can only TRY to punch them. It is up to them to decide whether you have punched them not. It also up to them to decide the extent of the injury that results from it—you can’t decide that you’ve broken their nose. Only they can. You CANNOT make a person do or experience anything; you can only do so if they have said you can, or have given you standing permission to do so.
Anyone who is caught in violation of this rule will face temporary or permanent banning and/or (but not limited to) loss of privileges.
3. All members at all times must use proper grammar in their posts. That means using proper punctuation and no using caps for the whole post unless the person who is speaking is screaming. This rule is not so much a rule as a guideline, and those who break it a few times will not be punished, however if it is a constant thing you will either receive a warning, or be sent to the RPing School. (Neither of which affect your record here, they are simply here to improve your RPing.)
4. All members must use Novel Form while Rping. Meaning that everything is to be written in third person. For example: “Kouzai walked down to the river to eat an apple.” If you do not do so, you will be reminded until you do. Also, all members must use proper grammar in all posts. Please do not type your entries using netspeak, leetspeak or any other speak besides Proper English. Netspeak is okay for OOC, but it doesn't belong in roleplaying. Any user who does not comply will be sent to the RP School, will get warnings or will be reminded to do so. (None of these will affect your record negatively.)
5. Every, and all members MUST stick to the current plot of the forum. Always try to follow the current plot as much as you can. When in doubt, check the plot development thread. There are no penalties for breaking this rule, though warnings may be given at descretion.
6. Interaction is a key part of roleplaying. Make sure you base your posts on large amounts of character interaction. If you do not speak/interact with another character, it is likely that they will not want to do the same to you and you'll be stuck roleplaying with yourself.
7. Please observe rational time and logical character input into threads. You cannot go from Holodrum to the Hyrule Castle in just two posts. Use common sense; Im not going to tell you how long it should be, but keep in mind you can't just finish a conversation with one person and be in a different place in the next post.
8. Every, and all members mustn’t post posts shorter than four lines at a MINIMUM. Please also remember that you cannot FOR SURE know another character's thoughts because you cannot read minds. You may only guess, or assume. Doing so may fall under God Modding, Twinking or Power-playing.
9. Please try and make posts consist of writing other than just dialogue. If need be, post what your character is thinking. Posts consisting of only dialogue quickly turn into something resembling instant messenger.
10. All members MUST age up there characters according to time-skips in the plot. If the plot advances ten years your character must also age 10 years. Your character is a part of this RP world, and if the world moves ahead, your character must too. Your character CANNOT remain the same age if the world moves ahead 50 years. Failure to comply to this rule is considered to be a failure to follow the plot, which is also considered breaking a rule. It is punishable in the same manner as not following plots.
11. You cannot simply enter a topic unless it is posted as OPEN or OPEN TO ALL in the topic title. If the topic says CLOSED or PRIVATE or OPEN TO [Insert Username Here] then you cannot enter the topic, UNLESS you have the permission of one of the Rpers. Furthermore topics where it is not specified as Closed, Private or Open to A Specific Person, then you MUST ask the permission of one of the people in the topic. Topics labeled as FINISHED or LOCKED or DONE CANNOT and WILL NOT be entered by any other user, as the topic is done, and cannot be posted in. There are virtually no punishments for breaking this rule other than your post--if irrelevant--will be deleted. If it happens multiple times however, it will be considered spamming--especially if it is purposeful--and it will be treated as such.
12. No user or users will post irrelevant, or pointless posts in topics at random. Doing so will be considered spamming and be treated as such. We are serious against spammers, and they will be treated with severely.
13. No member or members, or admin or admins or moderator or moderators shall have a character in more than ONE TOPIC AT A TIME. This INCLUDES Dungeon Runs, Quests and Regular Topics. It makes it easier to keep track of character deaths and such.
Character Creation Rules
1. All members MUST make please make thier character applications well detailed and fully filled out. We want to know about your character, and it helps with writing about your character in future posts.
2. No member or members are allowed to create all-powerful characters. Doing so falls under God Modding and shall be punished and treated as such. Also, do not create Avatars or Royalty when there already are some. If you wish to create a royalty character or Avatar, please refer to the Rank and Positions topic to see the availability of that position and if that position is open then apply for that position in the proper manner mentioned within that post. Failure to comply to that will be treated as breach of rules and will be punished at Admin’s discretion.
3. No member or members may Roleplay with any characters that HAVE NOT been approved or have been rejected from approval. Any and all characters DO NOT EXIST before their acceptance by an Admin. Once they are approved you can Roleplay, but not before then. Anyone who breaks this rule will face temporary or permanent ban and loss of privileges.
4. No member or members or Admin or Admins or Mod or Mods, at ANYTIME should have in their possession more than ONE royalty character. A Royalty Character includes: King, Queen, Prince, Princess. You may NOT under ANY circumstances, have or make more than one of the above. However, more than one from the SAME NATION, as long as you are a member of that Nation's royal family, can be made. For example: If you are a member of the Royal Family of Hyrule, you may make the entire royal family, or two princesses and a king, etc. But you CANNOT make a Goron Chief and a Zora King, etc. This will result in loss of privileges and characters.
5. No member or members or Admin or Admins or Mod or Mods shall create a character that is COMPLETE rip off of a copyrighted character. For example, you CANNOT create Batman by using his entire picture, personality, history and name. HOWEVER, you CAN use the picture of Batman to create a character, and may draw off of PARTS of the personality and history, but not all. Furthermore the parts taken cannot outweigh the parts that you bring to the character, otherwise that is copyright infringement. Names cannot be taken from copyrighted characters under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. This will result in loss of privileges, ranks and characters.
6. No member or members, or admin or admins or moderator or moderators may have more than ONE Plot Important Character at a time. What does this mean? It means that one cannot have a Goron member of Team Triforce (The group of every race that travels with the current Hero across Hyrule and the other lands to stop evil) AND a Triforce Bearer. You may make either the Goron member of Team Triforce, OR the Triforce Bearer, but not both. Roles that count as plot important: Members of Team Triforce, Seven Sages, Triforce Bearers.
7. No member or members, or admin or admins or moderator or moderators may have more than THREE characters AT MAXIMUM. There is no penalty for this rule other than the removal of any extra characters. NPCs or Shop Keeper characters DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE LIMIT.
Administrator and Moderator Rules
1. No Admin or Admins or Moderator or Moderators will abuse the power they have been given. Any admin who abuses their power for their own benefit, i.e.: needlessly and unrightfully banning innocent people and members from the site and chat box, removing privileges where they do not need to be removed, etc. Any Admin or Admins or Moderator or Moderators who is found breaking this rule will have their powers removed immediately and they shall be permanently banned from this site, no exceptions
2. No Admin or Admins or Moderator or Moderators will approve their own characters. If an Admin or Admins or Moderator or Moderators wish to have another character approved, they must ask another Admin to approve their application for them.
3. All Admins MUST have the approval of at least one other Admin before they ban someone else from the site. No one can be banned without the approval or at least one or more other Admins who are unbiased to the situation.
4. All staff members MUST obey the orders of superior staff members. If you directly and deliberately disobey the requests or orders of superior staff, you WILL loose their powers and will loose privileges.